Critical Thinking for Law Enforcement
Successful intelligence is creative intelligence—the ability to go beyond the given to generate new and interesting ideas. Creative intelligence requires the capacity to consider atypical possibilities, and to combine seemingly unrelated facts or information. Critical Thinking for Law Enforcement introduces officers to critical thinking and creative thinking in the context of current trends in asymmetric/unconventional crime and terrorism.
Once one has generated creative intelligence, innovation allows the officer to apply the information uniquely and effectively. In this course, law enforcement officers learn systematic methods that foster critical and creative thinking. They then apply these tactics to specific projects they are currently working on, making the material “sticky” and more valuable to participants.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be better equipped to:
- Apply a structured methodology to criminal investigations
- Recognize the value of seeking multiple perspectives
- Develop strategies to test hypotheses
- Recognize mindsets and biases and how they influence the analytic process
- Use critical thinking skills to analyze data and situations objectively
Who Should Attend: Federal, state, local, & tribal law enforcement professionals of all levels
Length of Course: Four (4) days
Instructor: Jesse Meekins
Submit your registration request form here.